May 16, 2012
Change User Folder and System Folder Locations
With this tip, you can change the location of the user folders such as "My Documents", "Cookies", "Desktop", "Favorites", "History", etc.
Location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
Values: Multiple, see graphic
Normally whatever you download by default it will save in downloads folder. If you want to save your downloads in the different folders you need to change the locations of the driver.
Please follow the steps to set the location of your default download folder.
1) Click on Start, then click on Computer
2) Click on C:\ drive, and then click on User’s folder.
3) Under user’s folder click on your user name, then click on Downloads, right click on downloads select Properties
4) Click on the Location Tab.
5) Under location tab Change the location to the require drive.
6) Click on Apply, finally click OK.
If this doesn’t helps, then I would suggest you to follow step 2:
Note: before changing any registry setting, I would suggest you to back up and restore the registry please refer to the below link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Back-up-the-registry
Try changing the location of the Download folder from the Registry:
1. Click "Start" – "Run".
2. Start the registry editor by typing "regedit" and press ENTER.
3. Scroll down to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer.
4. In the right pane, double-click "Download Directory".
5. When the "Edit String" dialog appears, enter your new download directory. Make sure to type this EXACTLY correct – there is no option to browse for directories! When done, click "OK".
6. Close the Registry Editor. Close all open Internet Explorer windows. You may also need to reboot your computer or logoff and login for this change to occur.